Get exclusive, first-look access to research you help shape.

Welcome to Research Circle, where global end-user IT and business leaders participate in a two-way dialogue on mission-critical topics, key initiatives and industry developments with Gartner Research analysts.

Share your insight

As a Research Circle contributor, you have a unique opportunity to let Gartner know what you think about a wide range of developing research. You play an active role in shaping thought leadership for your industry through:

  • Topical surveys
  • Discussion forums
  • Live chat sessions
  • Other online activities

See the results

After you provide your input, we aggregate, analyze and make the results available to you first.

  • Exclusive access to the results synopsis
  • Key findings on research
  • Summaries of Latest Results
The timeline for receiving research summaries can vary depending on the scope of the research. We strive to deliver results to members within a few weeks of survey completion. So check back regularly for updates.

A global community of IT
and business thought leaders

You’ll be in good company. Input from our global members makes our research stronger and more relevant.

Extensive industry perspective

Contribute to and find research on topics vital to your specific industry challenges.

Banking
Insurance
Transportation
Communications
Manufacturing
Utilities
Education
Media
Wholesale Trade
Healthcare
Government
Retail
Services

Gartner analysts and you. A winning team.

With your contribution, Gartner analysts create research relevant to your challenges and priorities.

Here is an example of the power of this two–way conversation in action.

Top reasons for adopting agile development

“Development based on agile methodologies continues to grow, with 46% using agile for most or even all of their application development. Organizations are primarily adopting agile to accelerate product delivery, improve alignment between IT and business and to better manage changing priorities.”

William Holz, Research Director

Current Stage of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Solutions Adoption

“Organizations are still gathering information to inform their AI adoption strategy to facilitate decision making and automate processes. As a result, an AI initiative is most commonly deemed successful when it improves decision making and process efficiency. Organizations aim to improve operational efficiency, data management capabilities, and customer experience and engagement through the application of AI.”

Whit Andrews, VP Distinguished Analyst
View more

For 5G, Organizations Will be Willing to Pay…

“Availability and affordability will be key to driving adoption of 5G amongst organizations. While most companies (74%) would be willing to pay more for 5G, the remaining 26% do not believe their organization will be likely to pay more for 5G than they currently pay for 4G.”

Sylvain Fabre, Research Director
View more

Plans for Emerging Technologies for Customer Experience Projects

“Over the next three years, Machine Learning will be a technology to watch—with over half of organizations expecting to implement it in the next 3 years. Very few organizations have an emerging customer experience technology currently implemented— Virtual Customer Assistant has the highest penetration at just 10%.”

Nick Ingelbrecht, Research Director
View more

Channels Available for Business Users to Contact the IT Service Desk

“Organizations typically have between 3 and 4 IT service desk contact channels; phone is virtually universal while email and web request are also common. Social media, chatbot or artificial virtual support agents and fax machines are rarely employed methods of service desk contact. IT service desk contacts are spread across several issues with Service Requests and “Common” Software & App problems the most frequent.”

Chris Matchett, Principal Research Analyst
View more

2017 Initiatives Driving Application Architecture and Infrastructure Changes

“The key business initiatives driving application architecture & infrastructure changes in 2017 are digitization of products & services and customer experience projects. The top IT initiatives are modernizing or refactoring core applications as well as improving app and data integration strategies.”

Elizabeth Golluscio, Research Director
View more

What our members are saying

Take a Quick Poll

Q: What do you see as the biggest challenge around migration to Office 365?





Submit Survey  View Results

Experience this shared-value relationship with Gartner Research Circle